The Agricultural Tours Riverina (ATR) team knows the Riverina. We have established connections with more than 60 agribusinesses and links with other places of interest and government agencies. Whether you’re planning to travel to the Riverina from another part of Australia or from abroad, you can rely on us to construct a custom tour itinerary that works for your group.
Important information about all ATR tours
Our tailormade tour itineraries involve visits to operational farms and factories, not rural theme parks with regular opening hours. Itineraries may change at short notice due to the availability of sites or site managers, or operational, weather, road or other conditions. In the event that any site is unavailable on any occasion, appropriate alternative sites or sequences of visits will be negotiated with your tour representative.
After you enquire about a tour, we will ask you some questions to help us better understand your needs and wishes, including:
- What dates are you planning to take a tour? The more specific you can be, the better.
- How many people will be participating in the tour?
- How will you be travelling to and from the Riverina?
- Where will you be travelling from and where will you be travelling to after the tour?
- Would you like us to suggest places to stay, and provide meal and transport options?
When we are confident we understand your requirements, we will construct a basic itinerary and budget for your consideration. This basic itinerary can be amended once or twice at your request, without charge. Further amendments will incur additional charges.
Once you are happy with the suggested itinerary, we will invoice you for a non-refundable deposit of 20 per cent of our quoted fee unless other arrangements have been made in writing.
When we receive your deposit, we lock in destinations and people to the agreed itinerary and dates. The balance of the quoted fee must be received by us at least 20 workings days before your tour commences, unless other arrangements have been agreed in writing.
Constructing your personalised tour itinerary
Based on your group’s interests, budget and timeframe, ATR will suggest an itinerary incorporating some of the following season-appropriate activities:
- Produce farm visits – rice, almonds, fat lambs, vegetables, cereals, citrus, grapes, tree fruits, poultry meat, eggs, wool, beef, cotton, forest products, walnuts, hazelnuts, olives, milk, Lucerne, sunflowers, organic products, fish farming.
- Contract services – harvesting, drying, sowing, spraying (ground and aerial), farm management, land forming.
- Other agribusinesses – transport and logistics, water management equipment, farm machinery, water buying/selling, auctions and saleyards, farm engineering.
- Small-scale, on-farm processing – vegetables, cereals, grapes, tree fruits, nuts, olives, rice, cereals, cotton, citrus, cheese, flour, juices.
- Research institutes/researchers – engaged in rice, irrigation and water management, cereals, dryland farming, citrus, breeding of animals (including cattle, sheep, horses and working dogs), quality management of produce, food technology.
Please note: One of our experienced tour leaders accompanies all of our tours – the tour leader can answer any questions and will ensure all runs smoothly for your agricultural group tour.
Tour fee: Includes entry fees, disbursements to speakers and farmers, hire of safety clothing and accompaniment by a local tour organiser.
Planning a Riverina agricultural tour from abroad?
Travelling from abroad? No problem. ATR is experienced in dealing with international tour groups. Please contact us with your enquiry and we can provide you with a suggested itinerary once we have confirmed all the relevant details with you.
Here are some considerations for international groups planning an agricultural tour of the Riverina. If so, we can help:
- Does your group require a translator?
- Does your group require assistance with travel visas?
- Will you be sending a ‘tour scout’ to explore a tour itinerary? We can ensure a local expert is available (at cost) to make suggestions and organise introductions.
- Does your group require completion of an industry profile or prospectus before arrival?
How much does a personalised tour cost?
Tour fees for our personalised tour itineraries vary. Our quote will include entry fees, disbursements to speakers and farmers, hire of safety clothing and accompaniment by a local tour organiser.
Let us know your requirements.